Worldwide Pokemon League
Please log into the site, or sign up if you don't have an account!

Rate My Team

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rate My Team

Post by Ghost42 on Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:51 pm

By importing from FR or LG.

Smeargle learns Heal bell which can be bred to Snubble which can be bred to Chansey.

That Chansey can then learn Counter in the Celedon Mart.

Seismic-Toss may be a good move in place for Charge Beam (also from FR/ LG).

Lead Moderator

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2007-09-08

Candy Chart
Candy:
-5/1000  (-5/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JustBlaze1594 on Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:04 pm

wow i wish i had a different blissey but im fine wit mine........that qould be the ultimate annoyin blissey lol
JustBlaze1594

Male Number of posts : 445
Power Ranking : C class
Friend code : PK: 3995-3687-0529 Brawl: See Sig. MK: See Sig.
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Candy Chart
Candy:
35/1000  (35/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JKYLspartan on Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:46 pm

ok ghost, thank u for the suggestions
JKYLspartan

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2007-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JKYLspartan on Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:28 pm

hey sorry for double posting but, yay, i already got that chansey, it was hard but i finally got it in emerald(it's possible too) thanks again ghost.
JKYLspartan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost42 on Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:26 am

No worries, BTW I recently realised it is also possible through the Sketch glitch because Happiny can learn Copy-Cat.

Lead Moderator

Candy Chart
Candy:
-5/1000  (-5/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JKYLspartan on Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:06 am

ok, thanks, any other suggestions?
JKYLspartan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost42 on Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:53 am

Life Orb on Mewtwo.

Lead Moderator

Candy Chart
Candy:
-5/1000  (-5/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellrider on Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:03 pm

This team is meant to play Competitive Standard Rules, not WWPL Standard Tournament Rules.
The Sleeper and Spiker
Roserade

Roserade (♀) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stun Spore
- Toxic Spikes

If this thing is up against a slower lead than I am usually guaranteed 2 layers of toxic spikes. Two layers has the same effect as toxic which effectively wears out all my opponents sweepers, and walls.

Stun Spore, despite having 75% accuracy, somehow always manages to hit it's mark. Focus sash makes it so that I can miss and still be able to set-up.
---
The metal bird
Skarmory

Skarmory (♂) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP/96 Atk/156 Def/4 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Whirlwind

SR and T-spikes together ruin anything. Including the all mighty garchomp (who after being toxiced and losing 5% of it's health will have a hard time subbing without shorting it's already low life...
---

The Ghost on Speed
Gengar

Gengar (♂) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 64 HP/192 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Scarf Gar has gotten me out of deep s*** so many times. I absolutely love this guy just like Scarfran. The standard but without hypnosis. He is a great revenge killer and can KO Gyara, Garchomp/ Lucario (without Bullet-Punch)/ and many other pokemon. His secondary role is to act as a rapid spin blocker.
---
The Spinning Star
Starmie

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 172 HP/216 Spd/120 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

My team relies on the lack of rapid spinners on a lot of teams. I however do not ever want to be in a similar position so I use a rapid spinner.

She can semi-stall with Recover while Toxic spikes ruins my opponent.
---
The other special blob
Snorlax-

Snorlax (♂) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 128 HP/44 Atk/120 Def/216 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Return
- Whirlwind
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

It takes special hits and loves to whirlwind things out. Curse up if possible and then rape anything in his path. I dont use rest because it actually hurt me more often in tough matches.

I use him over Blissey because of whirlwind. My opponent will already have trouble switching in and whirlwind will just force them to do the last thing they want to do against me with spikes up.
---
The Steel Fighter
Lucario

Lucario (♂) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spe, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Extremespeed
- Swords Dance
- Crunch

After my opponent has suffered enough wear & tear from Spikes this guy comes in and rapes. Spikes turns many of those 2hko's into 1hko's making this guy an even tougher force

Team copied from Kira on Smogon, just seeing how you guys would do on rating a team(which is why this is hidden), and too lazy to make my own RMT. Again, credit to Kira.

Last edited by on Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:52 pm; edited 2 times in total

Hellrider
Evil Space Duck
Evil Space Duck

Male Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Candy Chart
Candy:
2/8  (2/8)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost42 on Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:00 pm

hellrider000 wrote:This team is meant to play Competitive Standard Rules, not WWPL Standard Tournament Rules.

The metal bird
Skarmory

Skarmory (♂) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP/96 Atk/156 Def/4 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Spikes and T-spikes together ruin anything. Including the all mighty garchomp (who after being toxiced and losing 25% of it's health will have a hard time subbing without shorting it's already low life...

IMO Stealth Rock would be better than Spikes since you'll only be able to make one layer,
also SR will damage flyers.

Try a Shed Shell over Leftovers, you still have Roost for recovering, SS will save Skarm from
Magnezone, LO wont, you also have three LOs, the general competitive limit is two.

The other special blob
Snorlax-

Snorlax (♂) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 128 HP/44 Atk/120 Def/216 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Whirlwind
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

It takes special hits and loves to whirlwind things out. Curse up if possible and then rape anything in his path. I dont use rest because it actually hurt me more often in tough matches.

I use him over Blissey because of whirlwind. My opponent will already have trouble switching in and whirlwind will just force them to do the last thing they want to do against me with spikes up.

Return is Snorlax's friend, I suggest it over Fire Punch or Curse.

Team copied from Kira on Smogon, just seeing how you guys would do on rating a team(which is why this is hidden), and too lazy to make my own RMT. Again, credit to Kira.
Comments under Skarmory and Snorlax in bold.

Not bad, that largest hole in the team posted seems to be Skarm, this is because Magnezone can trap
it for an easy kill leaving the team with Snorlax for Def.
Be careful with TS since some pokes like poison (Heracross, Milotic, Ursaring etc).

Other than Skarm the team is pretty solid, 8/ 10 (8.5 if Skarm had a SS).
9.5 if Skarm had SS and you made this team yourself instead of taking it from Kira from Smogon...

Lead Moderator

Candy Chart
Candy:
-5/1000  (-5/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellrider on Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:40 pm

Nice rating, hm seems the competition here will be alright when I get wifi again.

Ok, first off, why would I only be able to get one layer of Spikes w/ Skarm?
But SR would be better, I forgot to change that move. You rarely see Magnezone on WiFi because he needs a HP to achieve efficient coverage, so I think I'm fine with Lefties.
Also, I will put Return in for Curse, considering it's kind of useless on this set. yet another move I forgot to change. I think I'll be alright with TS since Skarm can handle non CB Hera pretty easily with Brave Bird, as for Milotic, it's rarely seen anymore, and tbh I don't think anyone actually uses Ursaring(who would be walled by Skarm anyway)

And just to note, standard competitive rules are:
Evasion, Sleep, OHKO, and Uber Clauses. 6 on 6 Single Battle.
Item Clause isn't included because it's unnecessary(sp?) really.
Actually, I edited some of the moves and EVs to my liking so that they could match my playing style, I really just copied the format, comments under the Pokes(which may be inaccurate) and lineup.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here's one of my own teams I'd like to see rated. I don't really use it
anymore though, all of these Pokemon have gone on to be members in
better teams.

Weavile@Choice Band
Night Slash
Brick Break
Ice Punch
Ariel Ace
Nature: Jolly
Evs: 4hp/252Atk/252Spd

My starter. Speedy and powerful, thanks to the CB. A wide range of moves to cripple other starters, especially Heracross and Dragons. You know the score with Weavile.
---------------------
Magnezone@Choice Scarf
Discharge/Thunderbolt
Flash Cannon
Explosion
Hidden Power [Ice]
Nature: Naive
Evs: 56Atk/200Sp.Atk/252Spd

This guy may look novelty, but there is no joke here. With Choice Scarf and Naive nature, he reaches 350 ish speed, which is considerable when people think of him as a bathtub. Flash Cannon gets powerful STAB, and the HP on him allows for much better coverage. Explosion is for Blissey, who is the bane of his life. But i am unsure about which electric move to put in the top slot. I can use Discharge for Para Hax or T-Bolt for more power. Both kill Skarmory, which is always good. Took me forever to breed this.
-----------------------
Salamence@Life Orb
Brick Break
Crunch/Dragon Claw
Fire Blast
Draco Meteor
Nature: Rash
Evs: 120Atk/252Sp.Atk/136Spd

Beastly. Like Magnezone, he can rip through walls, as long as i keep his Mixed set secret. Even if my foe knows he is a mixed attacker, he can hand out some serious damage with some prediction. Life Orb gives him kick no matter whether he's using Phys or Spec.His only problem is that he's best suited to late game, as he isn't fast enough for his nemisis, Garchomp.
--------------------------
Donphan@Leftovers
Rapid Spin
Stealth Rock
Ice Shard
Earthquake
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252Hp/4Atk/252Def

Excellent Physical wall and spinner. He can lay the rocks and rid them,and has a very handy priority move and powerful STAB in earthquake. His only problem is a lack of a recovery move, but as he is he can still last considerably long when faced with Physical attacks.
-----------------------
Blissey@Leftovers
Ice Beam
Softboiled
Thunder Wave/Sing
Aromatherapy
Nature: Bold
Evs: 148hp/252def/108spatk

The cleric. You all know how it goes with the ***** queen.
-----------------------------
Cresselia@Leftovers
Charge Beam
Ice beam/Psychic
Rest
Sleep Talk
Nature: Bold
Evs: 252Hp/126Def/126Sp.Def

Mixed Wall duck style. She can sit there, beaming happily, while the opponent does about 20% with their attacks. Then she can Rest and carry on beaming. Repeat, It can become uber powered due to Charge Beam's Sp.Atk raise, and Ice Beam lends nice coverage, but lacks the STAB that Psychic gets, seeing as Blissey already has Ice Beam. This isn't an Uber for those of you who don't know.

I'm too lazy to go get sprites

Edited by: Ghost42.
Reason: Double post.
Coments: Edit your post next time.

Ooops, forgot about that rule while I was posting this, but when look at it like this, it doesn't look right. Anyway, edited the comment so they don't take up so many lines.

Last edited by on Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hellrider
Evil Space Duck
Evil Space Duck

Candy Chart
Candy:
2/8  (2/8)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by darren12 on Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:19 am

Cacturne @ focus sash
adamant
252 hp, 252 atk, 6 spd
- counter
- sucker punch
- needle arm
- d bond

Swellow @ flame orb
naive
252 spd, 252 atk, 6 hp
- baton pass
- agillty
- facade
- arieal ace

Hippowdon @ leftovers
impish
232 hp, 88 atk, 100 def, 100 sp def
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- steath rocks
- slack off

Garchomp
jolly
252 spd, 252 atk, 6 hp
- dragon claw
- earthquake
- stone edge
- fire blast

Weezing @ black sludge
lax
252 def, 252 hp
- will-o-wisp
- thunder bolt
- haze
- pain split

Milotic @ leftovers
calm
252 sp def, 50 def, 202 hp
- rest
- sleep talk
- ice beam
- surf
darren12

Number of posts : 16
Friend code : 1375 3784 3871
Registration date : 2008-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellrider on Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:11 pm

Well, that Cacturne would probably catch people off Guard, but other than that he's not really doing anything to help the rest of the team.

Swellow would be a lot better with Adamant\Jolly(jolly is prefered). the residual damage from SS combined with the Flame Orb(and if the opponent has SR out, which is very common), and with no Protect for the 1st turn he's not gonna last long enough to get off a BP(I really don't see who he needs to pass to anyway). He really shouldn't be used on a SS team. If you're looking for an Agility passer, then I think Scizor would fit on this team better. It'll give you another Fire weak but I think Milotic can a handle it.

On Hippo I suggest that you put Ice Fang over Crunch to counter Garchomp. Crunch won't really hit anything he should be staying in on anyway. Also, he doesn't really need Sp. Def EVs since he shouldn't be sticking around to take any Sp. Atks, put them into Atk and Def, unless there's some special situation you're using them for.

Garchomp looks fine, but what's his item?

On Weezing put the last 6 Evs into SpA and maybe put Flamethrower over Haze to counter Hera. You don't really need him around with Hippo there I suggest you put something else in his slot.

Milotic looks fine, but she's your only line of Sp. Def. She's hard pressed to survive this gen with all of these harder hitting Sp. Attackers. It's also a lot harder to pull off Rest-Talk.
Sorry, but I'd give it a 4\10

Hellrider
Evil Space Duck
Evil Space Duck

Candy Chart
Candy:
2/8  (2/8)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by darren12 on Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:44 pm

hellrider000 wrote:Well, that Cacturne would probably catch people off Guard, but other than that he's not really doing anything to help the rest of the team.

Swellow would be a lot better with Adamant\Jolly(jolly is prefered). the residual damage from SS combined with the Flame Orb(and if the opponent has SR out, which is very common), and with no Protect for the 1st turn he's not gonna last long enough to get off a BP(I really don't see who he needs to pass to anyway). He really shouldn't be used on a SS team. If you're looking for an Agility passer, then I think Scizor would fit on this team better. It'll give you another Fire weak but I think Milotic can a handle it.

On Hippo I suggest that you put Ice Fang over Crunch to counter Garchomp. Crunch won't really hit anything he should be staying in on anyway. Also, he doesn't really need Sp. Def EVs since he shouldn't be sticking around to take any Sp. Atks, put them into Atk and Def, unless there's some special situation you're using them for.

Garchomp looks fine, but what's his item?

On Weezing put the last 6 Evs into SpA and maybe put Flamethrower over Haze to counter Hera. You don't really need him around with Hippo there I suggest you put something else in his slot.

Milotic looks fine, but she's your only line of Sp. Def. She's hard pressed to survive this gen with all of these harder hitting Sp. Attackers. It's also a lot harder to pull off Rest-Talk.
Sorry, but I'd give it a 4\10

how about i take out swellow and put a sp def bronzong or dusknoir??

i use weezing + milotic for weeztic it works better then skarmbliss
darren12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellrider on Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:03 pm

darren12 wrote:how about i take out swellow and put a sp def bronzong or dusknoir??

i use weezing + milotic for weeztic it works better then skarmbliss
Bronzong would certainly be able to take SS better, but he won't really help the team any. Dusknoir, eh idk. What's the real objective with this team? It's like some wierd mix between a SS team and something else. Neutral

Hellrider
Evil Space Duck
Evil Space Duck

Candy Chart
Candy:
2/8  (2/8)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by darren12 on Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:26 am

Cacturne @ focus sash
lonely
252 hp, 252 atk, 6 spd
- counter
- sucker punch
- d bond
- needle arm

cacturne here knocks out sweepers like weavile that becomes a problem when battling it

regirock @ leftovers
252 def, 252 hp, 6 atk
lax
- rock slide
- drain punch
- iron defence
- subititute

who needs skarmbliss when u have good old regiIce good to great wall and with 100 base atk drain punch has a use on here

regice @ leftovers
252 sp def, 252 hp, 6 ap atk
calm
- ice beam
- t bolt
- rest
- sleep talk

this handly poke can hold off sp atks from starmie's surf, gengar's focus blast without doing more then 1/3 and sleep talker makes it one of the best sp def walls in the game

dusknoir @ leftovers
252 hp, 100 sp def, 158 def
careful
- night shade
- pain split
- fire punch/ thunder punch
- will o wisp

dusknoir makes a good 100 staller fire punch for weaviles/heracross

garchomp @ lum berry
252 atk, 252 spd, 6 hp
jolly
- stone edge
- dragon claw
- fire blast
- earthquake

something i made know as the foolchomp use for tricking people by using fire blast at there poke then switching to claw/quake/edge when the oppenent thinks choice scarf is on *works*

gengar @ wise glasses
252 sp atk, 252 spd, 6 sp def
timid
- Hidden power (ICE)
- shadow ball
- sludge bomb
- thunder bolt

just like the "super effective" electivire this poke can take out most types
darren12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellrider on Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:52 pm

I am of the same position on Cacturne as I was before.

That Regirock has a wierd set. Rock Slide is fine, though Stone Edge is another option. I really don't see what use Drain Punch has, it isn't really a good source of healing and only has 60 Base Power, and as for a Fighting move Hammer Arm is the superior choice. Iron Defense doesn't really have a use here, he can already survive most Physical Attacks given those EVs, if you must Curse is a much better option. I'm of split opinion on Sub, it'll help him block status, but other than that, there's really no use. Toxic, T-Wave, Stealth Rock and Ice Punch are other options.

Regice's set looks fine. As does Dusknoir's.

I really don't see how that Chomp is supposed to fool people, Fire Blast is pretty standard, but ok.

On Gengar, Sludge Bomb is kind of a useless move, it has poor type coverage(doesn't really hit anything the other moves won't), even though it may be his other STAB. Focus Blast for Blissey, Energy Bally for Swamper/Rhyperior, and Hypnosis for some status are better.

Team looks alright. The only problem is that none of your walls have a really reliable way of recovery. Also, there are a few common weaknesses in your walls. Regirock is weak to the 2 most common physical attack types(Fighting and Ground), the first is shared with Regice, although Gengar should alleviate this some since he is immune to both. If predicted though, you're in for some trouble. Just try to keep the battle short, and watch out for stall teams.

Hellrider
Evil Space Duck
Evil Space Duck

Candy Chart
Candy:
2/8  (2/8)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zoobzor on Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:45 am

To be honest, i wouldnt use the Fire Blast on Garchomp, it's pretty weak (I mean REALLY WEAK) on him since he has a bad sp atk. I've had an opponent with a mix kinda garchomp do fire blast on my Roserade, it didn't even do half damage, which is pretty sad (although Roserade has decent sp def). Use Fire fang, it has a better chance of flinching, accuracy as well, and makes use of his physical power.

Not really sure about cacturne, I dont use him much but by looking at the move set that looks pretty good as a Counter-Sash type ( I love those surprises)

For Dusknoir, I like the moveset (it is standard pretty much) except that night shade lol. What is that? I use Shadow sneak to rip in a surprise 1st priority move if the opponent is low on HP. By the way, Dusknoir is an amazing counter to Starmie, who is annoying as hell...

For Gengar, it looks likea special sweeper type-ish judging by the moveset and EV distribution. Um I just dont know why sludge bomb is there lol becaase poison moves are pretty ineffective overall, not touching steel, and only supereffective against grass, which you have HP Ice to cover. I'd put in a focus blast to take out those annoying tyranitars or weaviles that may be a threat to Gengar (they are notorious for ripping him up with a STABed pursuit).

For Regirock, Drain punch I'd avoid and put in like a Hammer Fist since it is stronger. Drain punch isn't really an effective way of healing for regirock anyway. I'd take out substitute and iron defence and put in like a curse and earthquake maybe. Curse is a bit better for regirock becuase he does not need a lot of speed, and as for substitute, it would be useless because his typing is pretty bad (weak to fighting, ground). iId also replace rock slide with stone edge for that extra power.

Regice I dont really recommend because he gets owned so fast by fighting... In general Ice typing is bad because all other types are either neutral or supereffective against it -- except for ice itself lol. He's good as a speical wall but man does he go down fast with a low kick (sarcasm)

But then again BLissey does too but I dont use blissey nor do i reccommend it lol.

Overall decent team. You have a HUGE LUCARIO weakness. After a swords dance he will wipe your entire team I'm telling you except maybe garchomp, regirock, and possibly cacturne if hes still at full HP. I say put in a flying type like gliscor to counter Lucario and take him out with Earthquake. Just a side note.
zoobzor

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellrider on Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:36 pm

To the above post, I'd just like to say that Fire Blast is far more effective than Fire Fang on Skarm, landing a 2HKO, and Foretress, OHKO I'm pretty sure, the only case I'm not sure about is Zong. For the most part I agree with everything else, besides the fact that you diss Blissey. It's the best special wall in the game that covers the most special threats. You'd be hard pressed to cover a lot of threats without her.

Also, Lucario rapes everything =\, he even carries HP: Ice on the SD set now to counter the Gliscor that used to wall him.

Last edited by hellrider000 on Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hellrider
Evil Space Duck
Evil Space Duck

Candy Chart
Candy:
2/8  (2/8)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zoobzor on Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:29 pm

erm most lucarios i see are all physical sweepers, special sweepin is kinda rare, and id probably go with physical its more effective as a whole

Everyone has a blissey counter on their team, shes not really that effective anymore but yur right in whupping those special sweepers. I think blissey is a bit overrated i prefer snorlax.
zoobzor

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fan1 on Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:41 pm

I would recommend Cresselia as the special wall, most teams do have blissey counters with any decent physical attacks can 2HKO it even it was done 252 ev points in defence with the nature being Bold coming from attacks such as earthquake, outrage ect. Doing it like this will make it more vulrenable to special attacks and blissey is not that much effective in a battle, mostly used to take those special attacks but most likely now they can be countered quite easily.

With Cresselia being able to take hits on physical and special with it being done on 252 on both Hp and Special defence would make a better special wall in my opinion, also not to mention its wide range of moves that can be used to make up some decent combos.
Fan1
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Male Number of posts : 368
Friend code : 2706~9250~3736
Registration date : 2007-10-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dominic345 on Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:15 pm

not bad. pretty good team. 7/10 Razz
dominic345
elite poster
elite poster

Male Number of posts : 605
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Candy Chart
Candy:
25/1000  (25/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay on Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:48 am

Well its time for you guys to rate my new Team Cool. So here it is.

Zapdos @ Choice Scarf - Modest
Pressure Ability
Moveset - T Bolt/Roar/U turn/Hp ice 67
Evs : 252 Spec Attack / 90 Attack / 168 Speed
Basic Scarf Zapdos with RAWR =o

Snorlax @ Chesto Berry - Careful
Immunity Ability
Moveset - Rest/Curse/Body Slam/Crunch
Evs : 168 HP / 120 Def / 220 Sp. Defense
I wanted to try a different Curse lax here.

Gliscor @ Leftovers - Impish
Sand veil Ability
Moveset - Roost/Earthquake/Stealth Rock/Knock off
Evs : 252 Hp / 252 Defense / 6 attack
Pretty Standard Gliscor

Infernape @ Choice Band - Jolly
Blaze Ability
Moveset - Blaze kick/Thunder punch /Close Combat/U turn
Evs : 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 6 Hp
Choice banded Infernape

Scizor @ Life Orb - Adamant
Technician Ability
Moveset - X scisor/Pursuit/Iron Head/Agility
Evs : 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 6 Hp
Agility Scizor is Different

Starmie @ Expert Belt - Timid
Natural Cure
Moveset - Thunder Bolt/Surf/Ice beam/Rapid Spin
Evs : 252 Spec Attack / 252 Speed / 6 Hp
Standard Spinner/Sweeper Starmie

Need Ratings and Ideas.
Jay

Male Number of posts : 12
Location : In a Straight Jacket locked in a room with PILLOWS XD
Friend code : 4338-9848-7870
Registration date : 2007-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fan1 on Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:47 pm

Zapdos seems suicidal to me with roar, roar always goes second and since its not a wall and has nothing done on hp, sp defence or defence it will take major damage when hit and most likely can even be KO'd. So i would suggest taking out roar and putting in something like drill peck or steel wing.

Also i wouldnt let Zapdos lead since it's attacks doesnt cover up to take other leads such as Swamperts, Brongzongs etc. And also because its holding scarf, this could give a major disadvantage if your opponent switches out which can possible let them set up for something big specially right at the beggining of the battle. This Zapdos should most likely come into the end of the battle.

Snorlax and Gliscor look decent.

For Infernape flare blitz or stone edge could be a possibility but its not looking that bad.

Starmie seems decent but i would suggest putting life orb on it so it can KO most pokes, with timid at 31 iv points i think sp attack can go to 299 so putting life orb on it would be a bonus and since its a sweeper, it loosing hp wont matter that much.

I would say get rid of Scizor though, i see no point of it. I would recommend a special wall though to block those special attacks. Gliscor can block the physical attacks but there needs to be something to block the special attacks.

Other than that the team seems decent but getting a sp wall and a better lead could improve it by far.
Fan1
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay on Sun May 25, 2008 8:42 pm

Flygon Naughty Levitate @ Choice Scarf
252 Attack / 100 Special attack / 20 Hp / 136 Speed
~DragonClaw/DracoMeteor
~Crunch/Fireblast
~EarthQuake
~U-Turn
Standard Mix Flygon with Scarf Lead.

Swellow Jolly Guts @ Flame Orb
252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 Hp
~Pursuit
~U-Turn
~Facade
~BraveBird
Guts Abuser Swellow, Nothing new. Designed to be brought in on a safe Switch.

Gengar Naive Levitate @ Life Orb
136 Attack / 156 Special Attack / 216 Speed
~ThunderBolt
~ShadowBall
~Focus Punch
~Explosion
Mix Gengar. OHKOs Blissey with Explosion and threatens it well if switched in on a Focus Punch.

Steelix Impish RockHead(Wish it was Sturdy but w'e) @ Leftover
252 HP / 212 Attack / 44 Defense
~Roar
~Stealth Rock
~Ice Fang / Explosion / GyroBall
~EarthQuake
I turned Steelix into a Tankish Wall Sort of.

Vaporeon Calm Water Absorb @ Leftovers
188 HP / 252 Defense / 68 Special Attack
~Surf
~Wish
~Acidarmor
~BatonPass/Ice Beam
Standard Vaporeon for Wish/Baton Passing. I may switch my set up tho so I can fight off dragons with Ice Beam.

Blissey Bold Natural cure @ Leftovers
~Siesmic Toss
~ThunderWave/Counter
~AromaTherepy/Counter
~Softboiled
Standard Support Blissey. I may use Counter on it, I need you guys to help me on this one.

Tell me what you think.
Jay

Male Number of posts : 12
Location : In a Straight Jacket locked in a room with PILLOWS XD
Friend code : 4338-9848-7870
Registration date : 2007-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fan1 on Sun May 25, 2008 9:12 pm

Flygon seems pretty decent although i dont see why it has 20 ev's for hp, it will be KO'd regardless when hit. The move set is ok, i will have fireblast over crunch though since it can do some damage on brongzong, scizor, fort leads. It can do some nice damage on Skarm but i wouldn't want to stick around carry on fire blasting it, it can easily set up with SR and spikes and roost up, at this point U-turn can be quite handy.

Swellow and Gengar seem fine.

Have explosion over gyro ball on Steelax since its just a support and is used to scout out your opponents team, maybe even use this as a lead? Use explosion when needed against pokes that are walls especially when SR has been played and its hp is low. Unless you are planning to use wish with vap to recover its hp then maybe gyro ball could be played although i dont like how that vap is, there doesn't seem to be any pokes on this team that can be baton passed to, maybe Gengar but that is all.

In my opinion Vaporeon would be done better this way:

Bold@Leftovers:
188 HP / 252 Def / 68 SpA

-Wish
-Surf
-Toxic
-Hidden power electric/Ice beam

This could be used to stall down those physical sweepers and other walls that can't resist toxic.

Since Vaporeon can be used as a physical wall then i would suggest using Blissey as a special wall at Calm nature. No point in having counter if you can easily switch into Vaporeon if there is a physical poke opposing it.

I would say something like this:

-Thunderbolt/Ice beam
-Seismic toss
-Softboiled
-Thunder wave

Overall this team seems pretty well balanced.
Fan1
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down